This is a 1 semester class and is worth .5 credit. Open to grades 10-12.
This class will study major vertebrate groups of animals, recognizing characteristics and processes used for survival.
- Identify how different animals meet their survival needs.
- Recognize and compare organ systems in various animal phyla.
- Identify how humans have changed animals habitats and solve problems facing animal populations today.
- Recognize the benefits and disadvantages of animal adaptations to their enviornment.
- Conduct field research to determine animal populations, animal presence, and animal habits.
- Examine the life cycles of various organisms and discover the implications of that life cycle on their own survival and the survival of other species.