This is a 1 semester class and is worth .5 credit. Open to grades 10-12.
This class will examine the soil, water, plants, and animals in the mid-Michigan area in order to analyze human impact on the enviornment and propose solutions to the problems.
- Chemically analyze samples of water and soil and uses these analyses to make conclusions about the state of the enviornment.
- Recognize humans' impact on the water and soil quality of the earth and propose solutions to the problems.
- Examine plant and animal species diversity in an ecosystem and use these population surveys to assess the health of the ecosystem.
- Analyze data and statistics concerning the enviornment and form conclusions from the numbers.
- Analyze the enviornmentaround the new high schopol site, compare new information to previously collected data, and make recommendations and provide solutions for problems identified.