This is a 1 semester class and is worth .5 credit. Open to grades 9-12. Will NOT fufill required health or PE credit.
A high interest in weight training is recommended for this class. There will be extensive physical testing and instruction in advanced plyometrics, speed training, nutritional supplements among other things related to health and weight training. It is a 1 semester class and is worth .5 credit.
Students will learn:
- To use weights in developing strength
- How proper training will increase individual endurance and flexibility, as well as agility
- To identify specific muscles and to develop strenth in specific muscles
- To build an advanced program for individual strength training and power development
- The effects of Steroids and other illegal substances on the body
- The effects of nutrition and supplements on body weight and fitness