This is a 1 semester class and is worth .5 credit. Open to grades 9-12. Will NOT fufill required health or PE credit.
This class will focus on understanding the human body and how our health can impact our lives. Students will be involved in a personal fitness program.Info about adv health. It is a 1 semester class and is worth .5 credit.
- Gain knowledge in various health topics and develop an understanding of the principles of training exercise, flexibility, cardiovascular fitness, and the connection to overall health.
- Further study the relationsip to their personal behaviors and the impact on their overall health.
- Apply and demonstrate their understanding of the material in a laboratory type setting with the physical education department.
- Integrate and apply lessons learned from the classroom into an organized workout system to develop a life-long fitness plan.
- Use knowledge gained in health, family consumer service, physical education, science, math, and language arts to help plan and develop a nutrition and exercise plan, as well as use the laboratory results to construct a detailed training program and track their progress