This is a 2 semester class and is worth 1 credit. Open to grade 9.
Prerequisite: Teacher recommendation
Honors Geometry covers the same material as Geometry, but in greater depth and more work outside of class will be expected.
- Be able to recognize, classify, and apply properties of simple geometric shapes
- Know and apply basic similarity and congruence theorems
- Understand simple constructions with a compass and straight edge
- Be able to find the area and volume of basic shapes
- Further develop analytic and spatial reasoning
- Develop deductive reasoning skills that can be applied to both mathematical and real-world problem contexts