- Consider the relationship between sculptural and space and their relationship to content when designing projects.
- Show an understanding of the value of risk-taking in the making of art and the willingness to strive beyond easy solutions.
- Learn to use a broad variety of tools, equipment, materials, and processes, and learn their safe handling.
- Appreciate the value of craft.
- Be exposed to sculptors/sculptresses, present and past.
- Understand the properties of the media.
- Participate in school and community art projects.